Handbook of Adult and Continuing Education
Primary: Handbook of Adult and Continuing Education.pdf - 21,726 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Handbook of Adult and Continuing Education.pdf - 40,247 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Handbook of Adult and Continuing Education.pdf - 49,719 KB/Sec
- Learning in Adulthood: A Comprehensive Guide
- Planning Programs for Adult Learners: A Practical Guide
- The Profession and Practice of Adult Education: An Introduction
- Foundations of Adult and Continuing Education
- Adult Learning: Linking Theory and Practice
- Philosophical Foundations of Adult Education
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed, 30th Anniversary Edition
- Advancing Social Justice: Tools, Pedagogies, and Strategies to Transform Your Campus
- The Adult Learner: The definitive classic in adult education and human resource development
- Change Leadership in Higher Education: A Practical Guide to Academic Transformation
An authoritative overview of the current state of the field of adult and continuing education
Drawing on the contributions of 75 leading authors in the field, this 2010 Edition of the respected Handbook of Adult and Continuing Education provides adult education scholars, program administrators, and teachers with a solid foundation for understanding the current guiding beliefs, practices, and tensions faced in the field, as well as a basis for developing and refining their own approaches to their work and scholarship.
Offering expanded discussions in the areas of social justice, technology, and the global dimensions of adult and continuing education, the Handbook continues the tradition of previous volumes with discussions of contemporary theories, current forms and contexts of practice, and core processes and functions. Insightful chapters examine adult and continuing education as it relates to gender and sexuality, race, our aging society, class and place, and disability.
- Expanded coverage of social justice, the impact of technology, and the global dimensions of adult and continuing education provides a useful update on theories and practices in the field as they have evolved during the last decade.
- An invaluable introductory overview and synthesis of key aspects of the field of practice and scholarship acquaints new readers to the field
- The centrality of social justice in adult and continuing education is addressed in a new section.
- The broader global context of contemporary adult and continuing education is covered in a final section.